Thursday, July 4, 2013

Introduction

Hello folks!

I've never done this before, but, since I've been blessed with so many people who care about me (and are interested in my experiences volunteering in the Peace Corps), I think the best way to keep everyone up to date is through a blog. On my blog I will write posts about what I am doing and anything that I think is interesting about my time in the Peace Corps. 

Right now, I am at home and waiting (excitedly and anxiously) to go to my "Staging event" in Washington D.C. This will consist of a brief, half-day, orientation to the Peace Corps and my service. At the Staging event I will finally get to meet the other Youth Development volunteers. I'm excited to meet a group of people who are all willing to spend 27 months serving needy youth in Costa Rica. It's pretty unique to be in the company of over 30 people with such similar interests in service. Additionally, I'm anxious because I really have very little idea what it will be like to serve as a Youth Development volunteer in Costa Rica. Though I'm bringing with me some experience with Spanish, being in Costa Rica, and working with needy youth, it's hard to say exactly what it will be like.

For now, I'm waiting and I hope you all will be able to, in some way, experience my service right along with me through my blog.

Patrick

P.S.
In the future, I'll probably establish a set pattern for blog posts.

[All the views and opinions expressed in my blog are mine and have no official tie whatsoever to the Peace Corps.]

No comments:

Post a Comment