Sunday, July 21, 2013

Short Blog

Hello Everyone!

I was typing some nice things for this blog, but accidentally closed it before I was done. For this reason, I lost what I had and unfortunately I do not have the time to retype it. :(
ACTUALLY, I JUST FOUND IT IN DRAFTS AND I WILL POST IT INSTEAD SOON!
Also, I am using the computer of my host family, so I cannot write apostrophes.

This week was filled with training and Spanish/culture classes (we have something every weekday). They are going well. I am placed in a community with 3 other native Spanish speakers who I see everyday and go to my Spanish/culture classes. This is really great practice for me.

On Friday, our Spanish "facilitator" (we do not call them teachers) took us to see the National Symphony Orquestra in the National Theater. It was AMAZING! There was a great pianist there named Gabriela Montero. There were three symphonies played. They were all good, but the second one with the pianist was my favorite. I have never heard the piano played so well! She was incredible and I got to shake her hand (which was awesome)!

On Saturday, my host family had a bunch of family members over to say the rosary in commemoration of Christ the Child (they are Catholic). It was really cool to be part of the ceremony and meet some of the other family members! Two of the other trainees from my community came as well.

I wish I could have done a better job (more details and better written), but I have to go...

Patrick

[All the views and opinions expressed in my blog are mine and have no official tie whatsoever to the Peace Corps.]

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're having fun and that you have Internet! :)

    Sounds like your Spanish will be stellar when you get back! Can't wait to hear your accent!

    We use quail eggs in Vietnamese dishes. They ARE good, aren't they?

    The parade sounds like it was a lot of fun. Please do post pictures!

    ReplyDelete